• In total there are 33 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Has anyone read Emory's Gift by W. Bruce Cameron?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Srmeier73
Official Newbie!

Has anyone read Emory's Gift by W. Bruce Cameron?

Unread post

I got the opportunity to meet author W. Bruce Cameron at a coffee shop out here in LA. I had never heard of him, nor had I read any of his books, and quite truthfully I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't got to sit down with him. His types of books don't really appeal to me, but after talking with him I was quite drawn to his story of perseverance and heartache. As a struggling writer myself, it's comforting to hear these types of stories, and to know that you can do it, that success does come to those that don't give up. So with that said, I decided to read one of his novels. Most people would start with his New York Times bestselling novel, A Dog's Purpose, which is one of the highest rated books on Amazon and recently acquired by Dreamworks to be a feature film. No, I started with Emory's Gift.

Emory's Gift is Cameron's follow up to his hugely successful, A Dog's Purpose. It's the book he always wanted to write, the story he had to tell, and without the success of A Dog's Purpose, he wouldn't have had this opportunity. The reason for this is it deals with the one subject that scares most mainstream publishers, God.

I'm curious, has anyone read it?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”