• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MKC1220
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi Everyone!

My name is Melissa and I just joined yesterday. Like all of you I love to read. I'm here to discover new books and new authors, and hopefully discuss them with all of you.

I like all different types of books. Some of my favorites include Imajica by Clive Barker, Bag of Bones, Cell and 11/22/1967 by Stephen King, She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb and The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

I just finished The Lion by Nelson Demille and am about to start Paranoia by Joseph Finder.

I'd love it if you would share some of your favorites with me.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: New Member

Unread post

Hello Melissa and welcome. I also enjoyed "She's Come Undone". Recently I have read "Sense of an Ending", Julian Barnes and "Salvage the Bones", Jesmyn Ward. Both of these are very good.

I hope you enjoy yourself here at BookTalk!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I've never read any Wally Lamb but one of my clients just gave me "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb and I'll probably start it soon.

Welcome to BookTalk.org! :)
MKC1220
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for the recommendations Suzanne. I will have to go check them out.

Chris, I also read I Know This Much is True and really enjoyed it as well. I have his newest book, The Hour I First Believed (which I guess isn't so new anymore I think it came out in 2009 or even 2008) but haven't read it yet.

Return to “Everything Else”