• In total there are 33 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

BORN TO WRITE

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
JDRBAR
Official Newbie!

BORN TO WRITE

Unread post

Hello. I am a 69 year old female who can't look at a blank sheet of paper without starting a story line on it. As a child, I read every book in our local library in the genres I liked most. There are few genres I dislike, but in fiction, I enjoy historical sagas, science fiction, paranormal, non-fiction biographies, and non-fiction science.
I live in South Carolina, born in NY, and spent many years in California and Mississippi.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: BORN TO WRITE

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)

What are some of your favorite books? And do you have a particular historical saga you would recommend?
JDRBAR
Official Newbie!

Unread post

My favorite all time favorite series was written by John Jakes a number of years back. It chronicled the Main family during the Civil War. That series has always remained my favorite. Also, I cannot pass a book stand, either in a book store or a flea market to see if there is a Stephen King book I haven't read yet.
I got interested in Science Fiction after talking with Ray Bradbury. He was an invited guest speaker at Mount San Antonio's College yearly writer's festival during the early 80's. I won a first place award the following year for my science fiction entry, and it was signed by, and presented by Ray Bradbury.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

If your science fiction entry is not an actual novel you might want to either share a link to where people can/buy it or actually post the entire thing in the Creative Writing forum.

Return to “Everything Else”