• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Hein v. Freedom from Religion Foundation

#37: April - June 2007 (Non-Fiction)
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

In a 5-4 decision in Hein v. Freedom from Religion Foundation, the Supreme Court just ruled today that taxpayers do not have standing to challenge White House faith-based initiatives. We've talked about this before here on booktalk.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

I wish I could say I was surprised by this, but given the composition of this court, I'm not. Guess I'll have to double my donations to the FFRF. George http://www.godlessinamerica.com"Godlessness is not about denying the existence of nonsensical beings. It is the starting point for living life without them."Godless in America by George A. Ricker
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I gave Alito's opinion a brief scan. Am I understanding it correctly to say that the complaint was dismissed on the grounds that the plaintiffs had no standing to challenge an Executive decision based on their status as tax payers alone, which is the auspice under which they claimed the right to challenge the funding initiatives?
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: Hein v. Freedom from Religion Foundation

Unread post

Yes, that's the essence of the decision. George http://www.godlessinamerica.com"Godlessness is not about denying the existence of nonsensical beings. It is the starting point for living life without them."Godless in America by George A. Ricker

Return to “Religious Expression and the American Constitution - by Franklyn S. Haiman”