• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The book is here! The book is here!

#4: Sept. - Oct. 2002 (Non-Fiction)
stevepainter

The book is here! The book is here!

Unread post

It only took a month to get. Remind me not to mail order any of our selections no matter how good the deal is.It arrived just as I was finishing up The Salmon of Doubt. As a side note, the Epilogue of the Salmon of Doubt was written by Douglas Adams' friend Richard Dawkins. A fitting end. There were a number of chapters that would be of interest to many BookTalk members. And of course, there was also a nice sampling of Adams' bizarre humor.Anyway, I thought I'd let everyone know that I have now embarked upon Chapter 1. I doubt I'll catch all of you, but at least I can discuss the work intelligently if the opportunity presents itself.Steve
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The book is here! The book is here!

Unread post

Steve:You're going to love the book and I'm happy for you that it finally arrived. Chapter 3 is still my favorite and you'll see why when you get there.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci

Return to “Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies - by Jared Diamond”