• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Today is the 21st...what page are you all on?

#4: Sept. - Oct. 2002 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Today is the 21st...what page are you all on?

Unread post

I'm way behind and too embarrassed to say the page I'm on! I'll be reading a ton the next few days. I've been thoroughly engrossed in a few other books and have slacked on "Guns, Germs, And Steel."I'm a member of a local Skeptics group and the head of the organization loaned me Michael Shermer's latest book, "The Borderlands of Science." I can't put it down! Besides, I have to have it finished by next Saturday so I can return it to him at the next meeting.And then I'm also rereading George Smith's "Atheism: The Case Against God." This book is ridiculously good and I recommend it to anyone interested in the faith vs. reason debate. Cheryl is also reading it so I have to keep up with her. So where are you all? What page? Even if you don't have the entire book completed by our chat session on October 3 - you should still be there! The people that are showing up for the chats are having a really good time.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da VinciEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 6/4/05 11:42 am
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Today is the 21st...what page are you all on?

Unread post

Done This above all: to thine own self be true,And it must follow, as the night the day,Thou canst not then be false to any man.--William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Return to “Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies - by Jared Diamond”