• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Will you be attending the Howard Bloom chat?

#5: Nov. - Dec. 2002 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Will you be attending the Howard Bloom chat?

Unread post

All BookTalk MembersThis is an important poll for all of us to answer. I need to know how many people plan to be at the January 2, 2003 chat session with author Howard Bloom. It starts at 9:00pm EST, so I suggest planning to be in the chat room by 8:45 at the latest. This gives us a few minutes to socialize beforehand and to make sure all active members that want to be present are present.The room holds 25 people and only 25 people. I really don't want to spend my time during this chat session dealing with active members not being able to get into the chat room because they showed up after 9:00pm and the room was filled. I would really appreciate if you were in your seat before the session starts. LOL I had to say that. And Kenny...for this one chat session we will have to insist you wear clothing. Much thanks.There will be a thread for discussing all aspects of the chat session very soon. We will create some sort of format, but at this point this is how I see it. I think each of you should think of an interesting question you would like to ask Howard Bloom. Depending on how many people show up, we may all be limited to one question. I think we will have a thread where we can throw some questions up ahead of time, so that the rest of us can be sure there are no duplications. It would be nice to have all original questions, and not 25 variations of the same one.There are two steps to this poll:1. First answer the below question2. Then post your name and answer in this thread (the poll doesn't allow me to know who answered what)And PLEASE do not be shy about saying you won't be there. I would rather you be honest so that we get an accurate head count.Will you be attending the Jan. 2, 2003 chat with Howard Bloom?Results (total votes = 10):definitely&nbsp5 / 50.0%&nbsp probably so&nbsp3 / 30.0%&nbsp probably not&nbsp2 / 20.0%&nbsp nope&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Will you be attending the Howard Bloom chat?

Unread post

I will definitely be there. Chris
xilog

Unread post

Probably.I'd like to be there, but 2:00 a.m. GMT is way past my bedtime.

Unread post

probably will be there. i might be in nyc, though... not sure yet. will most likely be there, though. I really *want* to be, thats for sure. --Avatar"The computer is the most extraordinary part of Man's technological clothing: it is an extension of our central nervous system. Beside it the wheel is a mere hula-hoop." -- Marshall McLuhan
Ani Osiris

Unread post

Probably... I do have certain obligations which might prevent me, and I can't always predict or control their timing
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

You bet your bippy!
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Most probably, although nothing is ever certain.
logansrun

Probably not

Unread post

Since I haven't kept up with the reading much I don't think I could add much to the discussion. Since space is limited (to 15 I think) I would hate to prevent someone from being there who has read the book and wants to participate because of me. I'm going to take this time to get a head start on Global Brain. I also hope that the chat discussion transcript could appear on the site since I definately would like to read it.B

Return to “The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History - by Howard Bloom”