• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Links for additional information...

#6: Jan. - Feb. 2003 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Links for additional information...

Unread post

The below links may be of interest to each of us as we read Howard Blooms "Global Brain" over the next few months. I'm not going to explain each link as they should be self-explanatory fairly quickly.Just know that Bloom originated the new discipline of paleo-bio-socio-psychology or paleopsychology. Check out The International Paleopsychology Project site for a summary of this discipline and the people involved in its origination and development. Preview chapters of Global Brain.Listen to audio interviews for both Lucifer Principle and Global Brain!Worth a look - check out the many links on this great site. I believe this site belongs to Carl Sagan's son, Dorion.Evolutionary Psychology forum.A very cool site...one about my new religion! Seriously check this out.Meme Central - the center of the world of memetics.Journal of Memetics - Evolutionary Models of Information Transmission.Educational Cyber-Playground - Who is Howard Bloom?Review of Global Brain by Frontwheel Drive.Review of Global Brain by Direct Action Journal.Review by Mike Ryan.Bloom talks in March in England. (Then Pinker does in April!)E-zine review.Howard on Homing Pigeons - an audio interview. Click on the link "Listen to the show excerpt (Real Media)."More links to come...Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:34 pm
xilog

Re: Links for additional information...

Unread post

Here's some stuff of mine:"The Global SuperBrain"www.rbjones.com/rbjpub/cs/ai017.htm"Dimensions of The Global SuperBrain"www.rbjones.com/rbjpub/cs/ai015.htm"Conceptions of The Global SuperBrain"www.rbjones.com/rbjpub/cs/ai014.htm(this one is actually a page of links)(not actually very closely related to Howard's ideas, and mostly written - 1996 on- before I read Howard's books).
learnerv

Where is the 1/6/03, 9:00 pm ET chat with Howard Bloom?

Unread post

I can't see any recent traffic, even though I'm twenty minutes late by my watch.Thanks for the invite, Mr. O'Connor.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Where is the 1/6/03, 9:00 pm ET chat with Howard Bloom?

Unread post

LearnervYou must have misinterpreted the email message, or perhaps I made some mistake. Our chat with Howard Bloom took place last Thursday, January 2, at 9:00pm EST and lasted nearly 3 hours. I wish you could have been there.The chat was to discuss Bloom's "The Lucifer Principle," which is what we did discuss. During the months of January and February 2003 we are reading Howard Bloom's "Global Brain," and then Howard will be coming back for a chat the first Thursday in March 2003. So I suggest you go out and get a copy of this book and start reading along.Have you been to out Home page? There is a Calendar that shows the dates and times of the chats. There are also plenty of additional links for you to read about BookTalk.Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:34 pm

Return to “Global Brain: The Evolution of Mass Mind from the Big Bang to the 21st Century - by Howard Bloom”