• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Who wants to be the discussion leader for this forum?

#6: Jan. - Feb. 2003 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Who wants to be the discussion leader for this forum?

Unread post

Who wants to be the discussion leader for this forum?If you feel you will be active in this discussion and can post regularly please volunteer to be the discussion leader for our reading and discussion of Global Brain. You do NOT have to make lengthy posts and respond to every person to keep the conversation flowing. All you should do is post regularly, ask questions here and there, and prompt people to think about the message of the text. You aren't expected to be an authority on Blooms ideas.Xilog...interested? Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:35 pm
xilog

Re: Who wants to be the discussion leader for this forum?

Unread post

Thanks for the invitation Chris.I do expect to have something to say, but I'd rather not take the lead (I should certainly take the responsibility too seriously!).
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

All righty then, I'll tell ya what, I'm probably getting in over my head since I haven't even started the book, but since you asked the question a week ago and no one else has stepped up to the plate, I'll give it a shot this time. (Fitting punishment I 'spose since I'm the one who suggested having discussion leaders in the first place.) Guess I better get crackin' on the book. => Just keep in mind all the disclaimers you posted at the top of this thread, heh...
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

LanDroidThank you! I haven't even started the book either. My father loaned me "Uncle Tom's Cabin" and I have been immersed in that. But I shall begin Global Brain immediately too! Somehow I overlooked your response...thats why I posted the other thread. Sorry 'bout that.Ok, you are now the discussion leader. Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:35 pm

Return to “Global Brain: The Evolution of Mass Mind from the Big Bang to the 21st Century - by Howard Bloom”