• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Getting a Copy of "Blank Slate"

#9: July - Aug. 2003 (Non-Fiction)
Meme Wars
Gaining experience

Getting a Copy of "Blank Slate"

Unread post

I placed a library hold on "Blank Slate", remembering before it took a month and a half to get a copy.Well, I gave in an also bought a copy from Barnes and Noble to also support our BookTalk group.Sure enough, two days latter, the library informs me the book is ready for pickup!: -->:"> Meme WarsMonty [email protected] Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 7/6/03 1:13 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Getting a Copy of "Blank Slate"

Unread post

Library hold? They actually have a copy of this book in your library where you can check it out for free? Wow I thought only older books were kept by libraries.You don't have to pick it up at Barnes & Nobles if you can get it elsewhere. They should have had it in stock without you ordering it. I've seen it at Barnes & Nobles here in Clearwater, FL for months.I think you'll enjoy this book Monty. I've just read the Preface through the first 1/2 of Ch. 2 and couldn't put the book down.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Oh, I see. You already bought and picked it up from Barnes & Nobles. Well, now you own a copy. Think of the bright side.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
Timothy Schoonover

Unread post

I'm wierd about books. I even keep all my school texts books. I couldn't imagine not owning my own copy of Blank Slate, or any other booktalk sponsored book. I hope to some day have my own personal library. Maybe even with a booktalk shelf.
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

If that's weird, it makes two of us. I frequently "read" a book on tape and then purchase a paper copy to keep. Its very rare that I give up a (non-fiction) book. Science is neither a philosophy nor a belief system. It is a combination of mental operations that has become increasingly the habit of educated peoples, a culture of illuminations hit upon by a fortunate turn of history that yielded the most effective way of learning about the real world ever conceived. E.O.Wilson
Meme Wars
Gaining experience

Unread post

There are actually 3 copies of "Blank Slate" at our local Barnes and Noble, but it was ten dollars cheaper at the web site, and, hey, I'm helping the group out.The reason I did not purchase it before is because my wife is not crazy about all the books I have. She encourages me to check it out at the library instead. She will be unhappy to find I purchased the book after all.Our local UU church had a book discussion on "Blank Slate" in March. So I already read all but the last chapters. Since it was a new book with long waiting list at the library (took me six weeks to get it) they only let me check it out for two weeks with no renewal.Sincerely,Meme WarsMonty [email protected]
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Lie-barry

Unread post

"I thought only older books were kept by libraries."Mercy sakes, Chris, you REALLY need to get to a lie-barry! They have a lot of new stuff, but the hottest new items can only be checked out for a week. Well, without incurring massive fines that make you wish you had just bought the dern thang. Heh.I'm gonna try the lie-barry for Blank Slate, but if they don't have it, where is the booktalk link to buy it?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Lie-barry

Unread post

Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
seanf 2003

Re: Lie-barry

Unread post

I got it from my local bookshop and I live in a rural town in England's lake district, which would seem like the back of beyond if i didn't use to live in scotland.

Return to “The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature - by Stephen Pinker”