• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Already said and done.

#12: Jan. - Feb. 2004 (Non-Fiction)
StarlightCode

Already said and done.

Unread post

Hello,I read this book when it came right off the press and was the first to post my thoughts about it on Amazon.com.(see below)The style of this book is along the lines of Descartes Error and The Feeling of What Happens. The first halve of the book is mildly technical, but once you get over that hump there won't be any further difficulty to the direction that Mr. Damasio leads you. There is a plenitude of insights within for your brain to feed upon. (At least I thought so).Spinoza is one of the many emerging free thinkers who helped launch the modern era. There were a lot of hero's in such a short period before, during and after his time that had the courage and resolve to break the shackles that religion had used to enslaved the mind of Western civilization with.Looking for Spinoza is a very good blend of neuropsychology, history and biography. Buy it now and enjoy!

Return to “Looking For Spinoza: Joy, Sorrow, and the Feeling Brain - by Antonio Damasio”