• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Will you be attending the Damasio chat?

#12: Jan. - Feb. 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Will you be attending the Damasio chat?

Unread post

The chat is scheduled for Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 6:00pm eastern in our other chat room. By other I mean NOT the EZBoard chat room we use for our weekly Thursday night and Sunday morning chats. Click on the "CHAT" link in the top orange link bar found on every BookTalk page to enter the proper chat room.You are welcome to invite mature friends to this chat session. If you plan on inviting guests we ask that you make sure they are polite and respectful and conscious of the fact that Damasio is but one man and he cannot handle too many questions at once. In fact, Damasio plans to have a colleague do the typing for him as his speed at typing might be too slow for such a session.If you plan to bring other people please make a post in this thread so we are aware. Thanks!Results (total votes = 11):I plan to attend!&nbsp9 / 81.8%&nbsp I do NOT plan on attending.&nbsp2 / 18.2%&nbsp  "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Will you be attending the Damasio chat?

Unread post

Naturally, I plan on attending.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

NicoleThanks for pointing out my mistake. I had to delete that poll and put up this new one, as EZBoard does not allow any edits once a poll is posted. Please vote and make your post again!And it would be nice to see the names of people planning to attend too.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Katala Au

Unread post

I'm definitely attending the chat!! Sorry for making more work for ya, Chris...I just figured that you didn't have enough
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

LOL No problem. Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I'll be there.
bernt

Unread post

Yes, I certainly will try to. But I need yours and otehrs help with my question. English is not my native language. Our collegues to Damasio here mention that they like him but want to give feedback to him that he need to look more deeply into something they used the word "dynamic". Me not into Neuroscience know that it was not the Freudian dynamic it has to be something else. Has anybody writing in english reviewed Damasios theories and mention this criticism? The word dynamic could be too connotated so we need to look for another search word in google. Please help me with this. berntrostrom at yahoo dot com
PeterDF
Freshman
Great Britain

Unread post

I've just started reading his book and I plan to be there.Peter
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I'm going to do my best to get back from the lab in time for the chat.

Return to “Looking For Spinoza: Joy, Sorrow, and the Feeling Brain - by Antonio Damasio”