• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Live chat with Dr. Damasio!

#12: Jan. - Feb. 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Live chat with Dr. Damasio!

Unread post

Dr. Antonio Damasio has accepted our invitation to a live chat session to discuss "Looking for Spinoza."As of right now the chat will be on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 6:00pm eastern. If anything changes I will announce it on our home page, through emails, and in this forum.Note: The chat is not at 9:00pm eastern, but at 6:00pm eastern. Schedule your lives accordingly. If anyone needs me to call their boss and get them out of work early let me know. By the way...those of you that have bad email addresses in your EZBoard profile...you are missing all reminder emails. I send them out each week to remind you of our casual chat sessions on Thursday, and whenever something needs to be communicated to all members. Quite a few of you have bad email addresses, so please fix them!Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: Live chat with Dr. Damasio!

Unread post

Good job, Chris!
bernt

Thursd 6PM Eastern???

Unread post

When is that compared to CET. Utc is Zero I guess. CET here in europe is - minus or plus + one hour. Wow math is not my thing So 6PM EST? ahve to be 5 or 6 or 7 hours later then? Noon or soo. Very late. I've bought the book and not read much and ahve never chat so don't knwo even where to find the link to click on. could someone explain?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Thursd 6PM Eastern???

Unread post

BerntTo start with I will explain how to get into the chat room. See the orange link bar at the very top of each page on the BookTalk site? Just look for the word "CHAT" and click on it. Wait for the window to open up. You will see a box where you can enter a Username. Just think up a name that you wish to be referred to in the chat room, enter it, and then click the "Login" button. You'll then enter the chat room. It might take a little bit for the screen to load if you have a slow connection.Once in the chat room it is rather simple to participate. I suggest you scroll the CHAT page down to below the actual chat window. You'll find complete instructions on how to use the chat room. And don't feel bad...you aren't the only one that is new to this chat thing. Dr. Damasio will be having a colleague to the typing for him during the chat session. Not everyone spends endless hours on the Internet and/or computer and so aren't familiar with the intricacies of chatting.Here is an information page about our weekly chat sessions and our author chats. Chat infoI'll get you some time zone information. I really hope you'll be able to attend the chat session. Dr. Damasio said he enjoys question & answer discussions and is looking forward to this.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

BerntIt looks like CET is 6 hours ahead of EST. The chat should be at midnight for you. I know this is late, but we had to work with Dr. Damasio's schedule. When we had Richard Dawkins, who lives in England, we did the chat at 10:00am eastern, which was 3:00pm in England.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
CSflim

Unread post

I'll be there!GMT, 11:00pm sharp!
bernt

Oh sorry it is March 18 I thought it was today Thursday.

Unread post

typical me two month too early. Hmm Edited by: bernt at: 1/22/04 6:30 pm
ecstian

Unread post

That is wonderful news Chris. I personally look forward to the chat and have put it on my schedule.Eric
bernt

Unread post

I certainly look forwrd to it too. But I am not a chatter. I am too slow. the chat is ove when i finished my question. So I try to say it now. which I fail to do cause it i is way over my knowledge. It was asked by two of our most known collegues of Antonio damasio so we need to write to them and let them formulate it for us and then ask Damasio what his answer is. here is a clue fro ma clueless Bernt. Much of what Damasio write they agree with but their most troublesome critique was that Damasio seem to forget the "dynamic" of our brain. His view is too "static" they told us in a philosophical cafe discussion in our version of NPR here in Sweden. Martin Ingvar, neurologi, Peter G

Return to “Looking For Spinoza: Joy, Sorrow, and the Feeling Brain - by Antonio Damasio”