• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How many people are reading this book?

#12: Jan. - Feb. 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How many people are reading this book?

Unread post

Just a quick poll to see how active we can expect this forum to get.Are you reading this book?Results (total votes = 16):Yes, and I am also contributing on the forum&nbsp7 / 43.8%&nbsp Yes, and I will soon contribute on the forum&nbsp3 / 18.8%&nbsp Yes, but I doubt I will contribute on the forum&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspNo, but I am contributing or will contribute on the forum&nbsp3 / 18.8%&nbsp No, and I will probably not contribute on the forum&nbsp3 / 18.8%&nbsp  "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Andonicus

Re: How many people are reading this book?

Unread post

Hey Chris,I checked the latter no. I haven't really contributed at all as of late and I'd like to find out more about Spinoza before I pick up Damasio's book. I plan to do both soon!Ando
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Good to see ya Andonicus! Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I am reading and contributing.
Tiarella

Unread post

I moved less than a month ago, and haven't had a chance to get to the library yet. I intend to borrow & read the book, and contribute to the discussion, but I haven't done it yet. Er... time's a-wastin'; how'd it get to be Jan. 15th already? Realistically speaking - I may not be able to do it in time.
raven of missouri

Unread post

I have just joined this board about a week or so ago but do plan to read the book. As I read snippets of the book, I would like to contribute. I'm sure I'll become more of a regular fixture here soon enough. I'm still going through craziness consistent of having just moved and trying to find a job. In Love and Reason,Christian L. Ambrose
ecstian

Unread post

I am reading and moderately contributing at the moment. I intend on spending all day and night on here once I have gotten through more of the book Since this book covers such an important topic (the biological basis of our deepest emotions and feelings) and begins with a massive paradigm shift (our feelings are preceded by emotions) I find it necessary to grapple with several chapters before really being able to contribute thoroughly to the discussion at hand. I look forward to getting another chapter or two under my belt.Eric
Peter Dunning

Unread post

I am not reading it, but probably will, cause I am reading Descartes' Error and enjoying it very much. I am becoming a Damasio fan, but I have three books by Dawkins sitting unread, so by the time I get to the Searching for Spinoza, this discussion will proably be over.
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I just picked it up yesterday, and will likely start reading it this week, or next.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Since we know Damasio will be joining us we should see an increase in the level of participation.Some new chat ideas for 2004...Jared Diamond - Guns, Germs, And Steel and...Howard Bloom - current events and his new bookMassimo Pigliucci - Rationally SpeakingMichael Shermer - topic? ...critical thinking and skepticism?James "The Amazing" Randi - identifying bullshitAnn Druyan - Sagans "Demon-Haunted World"Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"

Return to “Looking For Spinoza: Joy, Sorrow, and the Feeling Brain - by Antonio Damasio”