• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Who would attend a chat with Ann Druyan?

#14: May - June 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Who would attend a chat with Ann Druyan?

Unread post

Due to popular request I have decided to invite Ann Druyan to a chat session with BookTalk members. I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in attending such a chat. We don't need to see the "no" votes, so just cast your vote if you would like this chat session scheduled.Comments following your vote would be appreciated.Results (total votes = 11):Yes, please contact her. I'll be there!&nbsp11 / 100.0%&nbsp  "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Who would attend a chat with Ann Druyan?

Unread post

I've sent her an email invitation.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
bobbi

Unread post

count me in...I'm currently reading one of her books, so I'd be interested in a chat
booper54

Unread post

I put yes I'm so excited. lol. When would the chat session be happening?
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I would be there, Chris! I have enjoyed the books I've read by Sagan. Thank you for inviting her to chat!
wrkelly
Almost Comfortable
United States of America

Unread post

Unfortunately, don't know. Still in Ch 5 of Dot. Just can't get into it. Certainly if I've made more progress and feel some inspiration by the time of the chat, I'd like to attend. However, I won't vote 'cause maybe I still won't have anything good to contribute about the book by that time.But maybe I will.... who knows? Can you pencil me in as a "maybe"?
Y2Babel

Druyan Chat

Unread post

I'd love to attend the chat but alas, I fear my browser doesn't support this site's chat function! Whenever I try to go to the chatroom, I don't get a full view of the chat site - there's no place to type anything in, etc. It's not a broken icon.... it's just "not there". I use Internet Explorer 5.1. Is this browser version too old? I *do* have an older Mac computer, so I'm thinking this is the problem :-(Julie
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Druyan Chat

Unread post

Anyone else? The session is scheduled for Sept. 2, 2004 at 9pm eastern.Chris O'Connor "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I'll make every effort to be there.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. P
RickU

Unread post

I will as well. In Vino Veritas

Return to “Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - by Carl Sagan”