• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Ann Druyan has accepted our chat invitation! (Read me)

#14: May - June 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Ann Druyan has accepted our chat invitation! (Read me)

Unread post

I'm so ridicuously happy I could do jumping jacks. Ok, fine...I AM doing jumping jacks. Ann Druyan just responded to my email and said, "I would be happy to chat with you about the wondrous Pale Blue Dot and any other subject."Looks like she needs till July 13th before I call and schedule the chat session. This gives all of us a bit of time to do the following...1. Finish reading Pale Blue Dot if you haven't completed it. It is available in audio book format too.2. Create a thread to discuss Ann Druyan and her many accomplishments, lectures and contributions to the world of science, reason, and education. Her speechs are moving folks...I'll post some transcripts.3. Prepare a short list of questions BEFORE the chat session. We will stick with the casual chat approach, but I will provide some questions to her before hand so she can think about her responses.Yaaahhoo!Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
booper54

Re: Ann Druyan has accepted our chat invitation! (Read me)

Unread post

HAHA! That is so awesome! WOOHOO! I agree that her speeches are very good. I've read a couple and they moved me.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: Ann Druyan has accepted our chat invitation! (Read me)

Unread post

Excellent job, Chris!
disabledpublishing

Very good

Unread post

ChirsYou did a very good job
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Very good

Unread post

Thanks guys! I'll create a thread so we can prepare for the chat session. Maybe we can put some questions together so this chat is less chaotic than the Shermer chat.I'd also like to request that people refrain from all the small talk during this chat. We have our weekly Thursday night chats for chatting between members. Since we record transcripts of our author chats it is rather silly to have us all saying hello to each other...and not really fair to the authors.What I'll do is prepare a few statements that I can copy and paste into the chat room every now and then to keep people on track. I'm really going to try to improve this chat over the last one.Hey Shauna! aka disabledpublishingNice to see you. Stop by on Thursday nights if you have a chance. Chris "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Very good

Unread post

Well, like a moron I suggested the wrong date for the Ann Druyan chat. Today I spoke with her assistant about setting it up and for some reason I was thinking about July & August as the reading period, so I suggested early Sept. Well, Pale Blue Dot is from the last reading period, so I'll see about fixing my blunder and setting this chat up sometime soon.Chris "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"

Return to “Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space - by Carl Sagan”