• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How many people plan to participate in this?

#16: Sept. - Oct. 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How many people plan to participate in this?

Unread post

How many of you plan to participate in the reading and discussion of this book? I'm wondering who currently has a copy of the book, who has it on order, and who plans to order it. And of these members....who plans to read and discuss the book.Results (total votes = 9):I have a copy and will participate in the discussion&nbsp5 / 55.6%&nbsp I have ordered a copy and will participate...soon!&nbsp4 / 44.4%&nbsp  "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: How many people plan to participate in this?

Unread post

I have a copy and will participate in the discussion.Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella
bobbi

What is good

Unread post

I ordered the book on 8/25 and will participate if? I ever get it! (they said it'd be 10-14 days)
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I wanted to participate, but my $ situation is so tight it is not funny. The cheapest I can find this book is for $30.00 or somthing silly like that...then there is shipping. I just cannot do it.If it becomes more available, and my funds rebound, I will pick it up and add my thoughts.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. P
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

NickI have emailed Dr. Grayling asking him if he could help us with securing some additional copies of his book. I see that the lowest priced used book is about $38 now. Wow! Those sellers must know about our book discussion and are being opportunists.Oh, and I also asked him to join us for a chat session. I'll keep you posted on his response.Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I own it and will participate in discussions.
PeterDF
Freshman
Great Britain

Unread post

As I am the discussion leader I suppose I better participate.
Katala Au

Unread post

I really want to participate, but don't know if I can justify the cost ($25 in my local bookshop). It's available at my university library, but is currently out, and so I'm in line (and even if I get it, I might only have it for a week if someone else puts a hold on it). Just as a side note - it's available at the UK amazon site for 3.99 pounds (about $7 USD). The shipping costs might still make it feasible for people in the US to purchase it that way (not sure what the shipping cost is, though).Nicole
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Thanks Nicole!I have made a post on our Home page regarding ordering the book through Amazon.co.uk for those interested in this option.Here is a copy of the message...If you are struggling to get a copy of our current book selection, What is Good?, by A.C. Grayling, there is a solution. You can order the book through Amazon.co.uk for a fraction of the cost of ordering through the US division. Amazon.com currently offers the book used for $38.94, while Amazon.co.uk offers it at only $7.05 USD. (3.99 GBP). I'll change the link on the Current Book section above to direct to the UK site.Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson MandellaEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 9/5/04 8:16 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

By the way, Dr. Grayling has accepted our invitation to a chat session in early November. I'll be announcing this in more detail shortly.Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella

Return to “What is Good? The Search for the Best Way to Live - by A.C. Grayling”