• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Speeches or RG Ingersoll

#20: July - Sept. 2005 (Non-Fiction)
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Speeches or RG Ingersoll

Unread post

Won a book off EBAY of collected speeches...Dissapointed to find not ONE related to his agnosticism.Published by Rhodes and McClure, A M - 1897.GrrMr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Speeches or RG Ingersoll

Unread post

What was the book? And how did you win it? Some sort of contest I assume. Chris
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

No...I won the AUCTION on EBAY.The book is a collection of Ingersoll's speeches.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Oh. I see.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

From his Eulogy on Lincoln

Unread post

Quote:Eighty three years ago to-day two babes were born...One associated his name with the enfranchisement of labor, with the emancipation of millions, with salvation of the Republic. He is known as Abraham Linclon.The other broke the chains of superstition and filled the world with intellectual light and he is known to us as Charles Darwin.Because of these men the nineteenth century is illustrious.Every generation has it's heroes, it's iconoclasts, it's pioneers, it's ideals. The people have been and still are divided, at least into two classes - the many, who with their backs to the sunshine, worship the past and the few' who keep their faces to the dawn - the many, who are satisfied with the world as it is; the few, who labor and suffer for the future, for those to be, and who seek to rescue the oppressed, to destroy the cruel distinctions of caste, and to civilize mankind.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism - by Susan Jacoby”