• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Order your copy of "The March" here!

#22: Dec. - Jan. 2006 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Order your copy of "The March" here!

Unread post

Order The March now!I've created this forum several weeks in advance so that we all have the opportunity to order our books and receive them on time. BookTalk is paid a small referral few for each book you order so please support our community by using our links. The March - by E.L. DoctorowSherman's march through Georgia and the Carolinas produced hundreds of thousands of deaths and untold collateral damage. In this powerful novel, Doctorow gets deep inside the pillage, cruelty and destruction
AnnetteS

Re: Order your copy of "The March" here!

Unread post

I used the link but bought it USED from Amazon. I hope that counts. World Fair by Doctorow is one of my absolute favorites, so we'll see about this one.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Used counts too! Thank you Annette.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I plan on dropping by a book store tonight and skimming through "The March" to see whether or not it's a book I'm likely to re-read. If it is, then I'll return the book to the shelf and order it through the link. If not, I'll probably still read and contribute, but with a library copy rather than one I own. Money's kind of tight at the moment, so I don't plan on buying any books that I'm not likely to use more than once. If I don't buy it, I'll make penance after the holiday season by contributing directly to BookTalk's community chest.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm going to be buying the book from Borders Books today. My goal is to have the chapter threads created today.One of these days I'd like to take a digital picture of all of our past book selections laying in a pile in some creative way and use that picture on the site somewhere. Naturally, I own all of our past books...other than Future Shock.Chris America: 20 Million illegal aliens can't be wrong!
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Chris:Your not ordering through our LINK!!!lolMr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Amazon doesn't really want me to order books through our own links. They explicitly warn "Amazon Affiliates" to not do this, although I have been in a hurry and done it in the past.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

That is just silly!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I agree. But I don't want to get removed as an Amazon Affiliate so I'll be following this rule. I'm leaving in a few minutes and will stop at Borders. Once I have the book the threads will be up.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Chris, shouldn't we be taking volunteers for discussion leader in the period leading up to December's official start date?And I think I will be ordering the book. Doesn't look like the sort of thing that I'd re-read, but I can pass it on to someone in my family. They've read Doctorow before, and have some interest in the Civil War, so they should appreciate it.

Return to “The March: A Novel - by E.L. Doctorow”