• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Who is reading or plans to read this book?

#27: June - Aug. 2006 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Who is reading or plans to read this book?

Unread post

Who is reading or plans to read this book?I'd like to keep fiction as part of what we do here at BookTalk. How many of you intend to buy this book, read it, and jump into the discussion?My girlfriend has already read the first 50 pages, even though she doesn't participate here on BookTalk. It makes me feel good to see her taking an interest in what we're doing. Soon I'll start reading.
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Re: Who is reading or plans to read this book?

Unread post

I read it a month ago. While I don't plan to re-read it, I'll probably participate in the discussion.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'll be reading and participating.
tomiichi

Unread post

I wil be reading and participating. I already ordered the book and it should be coming some time this week.tomiichi
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Just got the book at the library.I will crack it open in about a week and start reading.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Started reading this book. I am not too fond of the stye in which she writes. Granted I am only on page 30-something. You can tell this is her first novel, IMO.Hopefully something will catch my interest soon...Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tomiichi

Unread post

Are there only 4 people reading this book? **Anyone else out there, heeellloooooooo.... booktalk memebers... anyone...?**
lindsayhickman

Unread post

I'm reading it. I'm around page 220. It takes a while to get used to, but I generally like it. I plan on participating.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I am dropping out. I struggled to page 60 and it is just not my thing.Vonnegut handled this idea much more entertainingly. (Is that a word?)I will check the conversations and if the chatter seems interesting, maybe I will pick it up again and jump in.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy PiperEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 6/12/06 10:12 am
the hive queen

Unread post

I just finished the book yesterday, and I plan to participate. (I prefer to read the whole book before I start discussing, so there are no worries of spoilers) "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." -- Keller Williams

Return to “The Time Traveler's Wife - by Audrey Niffenegger”