• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Saul Bellow: The Great Assimilator - (Page 62 of Arguably)

#100: Oct. - Nov. 2011 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Please join us in reading and discussing Arguably: Essays by Christopher Hitchens!

Arguably is a collection of essays by Christopher Hitchens. Each thread in this book discussion forum is named after the title of one of the essays in Arguably. The page number where the essay starts is included in the thread title to make finding it within the book easy.

Read all of the essays in order or jump around and read only the essays that interest you. Please keep your comments in the appropriate threads.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: Saul Bellow: The Great Assimilator - (Page 62 of Arguably)

Unread post

I've never read any Saul Bellow. I'm amazed at how much is out there that I've never taken the chance to expose myself to. This article, though, makes it sounds like I'd have a tough time with the writing of this particular author. I can already feel the disgust at the double standard and the hidden agenda of such an author as carefully exposed by Hitchens. You know what the conversation between Hitch and Bellow was about and what side he was on. As Homer puts into the mouth of Achilles, "Hateful to me like the gates of Hades is a man that says one thing while he hides another thing in his mind."

I just finished watching a movie about Thor. In it there was no room for judaism because it was about Norse Mythology. Still, half way through the movie, a book is prominently displayed on the screen for an unseemly and unnecessary length of time. The book was King David. What was this book doing in a movie about Norse Mythology?

There are more Jewish references in movies which include Bar Mitzvahs, words, clothing, references, and an unequal percentage of Jewish actors to non-Jewish actors compared to the demographics of the American population. It's a Public Relations campaign. Hitch seems to hit on this in the article when he cites the Black/Jewish proposed alliance. This exclusive religious group wished to USE a minority for its own ends - unfortunately for them it hasn't worked out.

Return to “Arguably: Essays by Christopher Hitchens - by Christopher Hitchens”