• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Omnivores Dilemna Inquiry

#31: Oct. - Dec. 2006 (Non-Fiction)
Dilemna7654
Official Newbie!

Omnivores Dilemna Inquiry

Unread post

Hello, I am on my nineteenth read-through of exhilarating book "The Omnivores Dilemma" by ecological genius Michael Pollan. I am attempting to fully understand every aspect of the book, but alas, I have a major dilemma. Pages 239-308 are very difficult to memorize in its fullest. I have every other page of the book completely memorized. I plan to have the book read 100 times by the end of the summer. However, I still hope to commit this book fully to my memory. Do you think that this is a plausible goal if I read this book for 8 hours every day? All feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Dilemna7654 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Omnivores Dilemna Inquiry

Unread post

ROFLMAO!

Yes, this is plausible. I have every book memorized.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

I'm trying to memorize all the usernames and passwords I need for various web sites, but I'm not doing very well.
-Geo
Question everything
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

I've already memorized your post.

Hello, I am on my nineteenth read-through of exhilarating book "The Omnivores Dilemma" by ecological genius Michael Pollan. I am attempting to fully understand every aspect of the book, but alas, I have a major dilemma. Pages 239-308 are very difficult to memorize in its fullest. I have every other page of the book completely memorized. I plan to have the book read 100 times by the end of the summer. However, I still hope to commit this book fully to my memory. Do you think that this is a plausible goal if I read this book for 8 hours every day? All feedback will be greatly appreciated.

All from memory. Impressive. All I do is print out what I want to memorize and then I read it once and eat it. Maybe you can try this. It has drawbacks, though. Such as you will only retain the memory for usually not more than 36 hours but maybe up to 60 hours or even more depending on you. Also, you'll only be able to remember what you've read and ate during the meal in which you've consumed it. So for instance, if you've eaten it for breakfast - you'll only remember it during breakfast time (only half by brunch).

I think in a pinch this will come in handy; especially for the parts of the book you can't quite memorize.

You're Welcome,

Camacho

P.S. if you liked my post you should commit it to memory in the prescribed method.
James043
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I would eat the book and see if that helps commit it to memory. :)

Return to “The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals - by Michael Pollan”