• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Accidental Farmers

#31: Oct. - Dec. 2006 (Non-Fiction)
farmdog
Official Newbie!

The Accidental Farmers

Unread post

I find most of Pollan's writings to be thought provoking...yet I still had questions about the pastured farming model he wrote about. I'm looking forward to reading this new book to get more of the farmer's perspective: http://www.accidentalfarmers.com, although it may be written more along the lines of Animal, Vegetable, Miracle than Omnivore's.
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: The Accidental Farmers

Unread post

I took a quick peek at your link. Is this nonfiction?
farmdog
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi...yes, definitely a real story.
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Would it be interesting to someone who doesn't know very much about farming? I'm always looking for something interesting.
farmdog
Official Newbie!

Unread post

We buy from them and that's what makes it interesting. THEY didn't know anything about farming! They moved from the city to the country a few years ago from Atlanta. On the website there's a sample chapter (on table of content page) so you can judge for yourself. I just got the paperback from them today. You can buy it on their web store and they'll mail it (http://naturesharmony.mybigcommerce.com ... rmers.html) or there's a Kindle version I think. They said it won't be on Amazon, etc. until the end of the month. It's a pretty fascinating story...but it depends on what you like. Like I said, it's kind of a cross between Omnivore's Dilemma and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle so if you don't care for those, this may not be your thing. But there's a chapter on eating animals that has me really thinking.

Return to “The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals - by Michael Pollan”