• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Wild

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KnowItAllSister
Official Newbie!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Wild

Unread post

As a kid, I grew up reading the Harry Potter series. But funny thing is, I never finished reading the entire thing!!! I actually stopped at book 3!!! :slap: XD

But now I'm actually going through the entire series, aiming to finish it this time! My sister and I shared all the books growing up, but I've decided to buy my own set as I go through each book. I'm about halfway through reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. My goal by the end of 2016 is to finish the entire series, which is a hefty goal since I'm such a slow reader. Wish me luck!

Right now, I'm also reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed, which now has a movie based off of it as well. I've been needing some encouragement to help me battle my depression lately, so I decided to give Wild a try. I never realized it's based on true events lol. A good read so far, and the movie was definitely excellent!!!
mlmooney89
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Wild

Unread post

I don't know anything about Wild but I do know about Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is so much more than magic; it is about acceptance, finding where you belong in life, having friends to the very end, loving people for who they are. I really could go on and on. Have you seen the movies? They aren't spot on but it at least tells the majority of the story. Did you know that JK Rowling actually has regrets about certain things she did in the book?
KnowItAllSister
Official Newbie!

Re: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Wild

Unread post

Hi mlmooney89,

Thanks for your reply to my post! ^_^

And yeah, you're totally right! It's just been so long since I've read them! I'm almost done with Book 1, and I'm super excited to read Book 2!

Yes, I've seen the movies. I've actually only seen the first and second movies, and the last one lol. I need to catch up with that. I told myself that I'd watch each movie after I've read the book of it first.

I saw the movie for Wild, and it was quite excellent! And the book is good so far too. I definitely recommend it so far.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”