• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

WANTED: 1 or 2 Discussion Leaders!

#35: Jan. - Mar. 2007 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

WANTED: 1 or 2 Discussion Leaders!

Unread post

WANTED: 1 or 2 Book Discussion Leaders!If you plan to read "The God Delusion" and be active in the discussion you might want to consider the role of discussion leader for this book discussion. A discussion leader is someone that attempts to keep the conversation going by asking questions and making posts regularly. We can have multiple discussion leaders for one book, so don't be shy and let us know if you're interested. This book is bound to be a pretty hot topic for us around here over the next 3 months, so the discussion will probably not need a whole lot of encouragement, but still it would be nice to have one or more members that take the lead.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: WANTED: 1 or 2 Discussion Leaders!

Unread post

Anyone interested in taking the helm and being the discussion leader for this book?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Heh! When I logged on, the post count for the Dawkins forum was '666'.This must prove he is wrong...Saints be praised!I am so glad that this book will be our most active discussion to date...and it is only the end of the FIRST month.Where is that nay-sayer? Thankfully, he has been gone for a while...but I will not get my hopes up. Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

And thank you for stepping up and volunteering to lead the discussion. I am reading the book each night in bed and making a mess of it with my pen and yellow high-lighter. I've got a ship load of comments I'd like to make and plan to make.I plan on adding excerpts to each book page too. As I go through each book we read I always mark it up with yellow high-lighter. I'm going to start adding these high-lighted excerpts to each book page.For instance...www.booktalk.org/the-god-delusion.phpOn this page I will create an "Excerpts from The God Delusion" section below the Book Reviews section. This is where all of the excerpts will be - in sequential order by page number.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

SG, would you like to tag-team with misterpessimistic as discussion leader? Why did I just hand you a rose?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Either SG missed this request or isn't interested. Either way Nick is quite capable of handling this one solo.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

He is aloof, that one.Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “The God Delusion - by Richard Dawkins”