• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

smells, bones and a dog

A dedicated forum for discussing and celebrating your favorite short stories and short story authors.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Jedothek
Getting Comfortable

smells, bones and a dog

Unread post

once I heard read on the radio a story whose narrator was a dog, which described how much he loved his human mistress. he says there a re two kinds of things in the world: smells, which one appreciates, and bones, which one wants to possess. When a dog gets hydrophobia he becomes convinced that there are only bones. The dog becomes jealous when his mistress acquires a male admirer. I thought that the story was translated from Italian. what is the name ( in Italian or English) and author of this story? I thought the author was Alberto Moravia and the story (translated) was called the smells and the bones, but since I can’t find it, I may have the author and title wrong.

Return to “Short Story Discussions”