• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Order your copy of "Deep Economy" here...

#36: April - June 2007 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Order your copy of "Deep Economy" here...

Unread post

If you're planning on reading and discussing Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future with us you might want to consider ordering your copy of the book right here. Just click on the below link and have Amazon.com ship it to your home or work. Usually you'll get Amazon.com books within 3 - 5 business days. And there are faster shipping methods available for a fee. Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future Order right now so you can jump into the discussion as soon as possible! Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 4/7/07 12:15 am
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Re: Order your copy of "Deep Economy" here...

Unread post

As always, I've gotta go Canadian. Ordered my book, also threw in a CD I heard a bit of on the radio yesterday -- A Canadian violinist, Oliver Schroer, traveled the pilgrimage route of Camino del Santiago in Spain, and recorded music in the churches along the way. The resulting album is Camino, and I would recommend it for any blind people you know. Listen to these songs with your eyes closed, and you can almost see the rising vaults. But I digress... "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the AbsurdEdited by: Loricat at: 4/7/07 12:10 pm
SarahBewley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Unfortunately I cannot afford to order the book. I'm number 5 on the waiting list at the library, so hopefully I will have it in time to take part.In the meantime - THE NURTURE ASSUMPTION was available, so I'm reading it.Sarah
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

Sarah, I have a feeling this discussion will go all over the place, and even without the book, you'll be able to post many a thought. I'm curious about the Nurture Assumption as well...perhaps start a topic for it in another section? Someplace to post your thoughts as you read. "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the Absurd
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I never even considered that libraries might have this book.
SarahBewley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'd love to do that. I have one book to finish, and then I'm staring Nurture, so I'll be ready to begin thinking/commenting next week. How do I do that?I'm still figuring out this process.Sarah
SarahBewley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I use my library constantly. What they don't have, I've been able to get through inter-library loans. Fortunately I live in a university town, so even the county library has good access to materials.Sarah
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

Sarah, don't worry about the 'how'...there ain't no process, as such. Read what people write, comment on it. "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the Absurd
SarahBewley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I was referring to Chris' suggestion that I start a discussion on THE NURTURE ASSUMPTION. I am clueless about how to start a thread.Sarah
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Actually, I'm with Sarah here. Where would you begin an informal discussion (similar to what is going on with The Road in the "Additional Literature" section) of a non-fiction text? Assuming the "Book Suggestions, Polls, & Reviews" section is for submitting books and reviews of books you want to submit for an official discussion, where would you put unofficial non-fiction discussions? Can it go in "Book Suggestions, Polls, & Reviews," or should it go elsewhere?Sarah, once we get the word on what section a thread like this should go under, the mechanics are easy. Click "[New Topic]" located at the bottom of the screen. Fill in the subject line with an appropriately descriptive title, and post away.

Return to “Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future - by Bill McKibben”