• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I'm glad I found you!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
findsharon
Getting Comfortable

I'm glad I found you!

Unread post

Hi!
I was goofing off on the computer when I decided to search for book clubs/online book clubs, and I found you. I like the book selection, but there's a lot on the website so it may take me a little while to become acclimated. Be ready for some stupid questions!

Anyway, I'm Sharon. I'm female, and I live about an hour outside of St. Louis with my 2 dogs and cat. My taste in books is eclectic. The books on my nightstand now are: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. I, Storage Solutions, The Handbook of Epictetus, Cosmos (Sagan), and The Way of Myth - Talking with Joseph Campbell. My other interests include movies and crafts. I'm looking forward to great discussions!
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Re: I'm glad I found you!

Unread post

Welcome, I think you'll fit right in with your reading interests. I read Cosmos many years ago. I know we have some people interested in Campbell here.

Feel free to jump in the discussions.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Sharon; glad to have you aboard. I am also a relative newbie, been here a little over a week. Friendly bunch, and don't worry about making mistakes.

BTW, I lived in Missour (about 35 years ago); my daughter was born in Independence (but we actually lived in Kansas City). Look forward to disucssing books and other topics with you.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community, Sharon. :-)
findsharon
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks guys. I feel welcome already.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I hope so! Please explore all the forums. We have some awesome discussions going right now. Just join right in at any time and in any discussion.

Return to “Everything Else”