• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Finally!

#64: Mar. - May 2009 (Non-Fiction)
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Finally!

Unread post

I do not mean to offend any religious people, but the truth is, religion sucks. Look at the world around us. Different religions have fought because they all belive that the life they live is controlled by a certain immortal being, like the Ancient Greek Gods, or there was a baby born millenia ago named Jesus that was named God because he was special [I'm not saying these are accurate, I'm simply trying to make my point, so please do not say anything about how inaccurate these are]. It's begun to turn humans against each other. Iraq stirred up a war because they belive that they should have one ruler, a dictator, and that he controls everything they do because it is for the best. That's religion, no matter which way you look at it.

All the wars have been started because people think that other people with a different religion think of the world around us the wrong way, also know as 'differently'. Religion has caused us so many problems. If every were to just belive one thing, the same exact thing, would it be for better, or for worse? That's your choice, but I'm going to say my opinion loud and clear:

Religion Sucks.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Well said. :clap:
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

...Thanks, Chris :D That was unexpected :P

By the way, books just arrived! I'm already 100 pages into One Man's Quest to Conquer the Seven Summits. The books are pretty sweet.
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park

Return to “God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything - by Christopher Hitchens”