• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Dreams from My Father - Ch. 9, 10, 11 & 12

#62: Feb. - Mar. 2009 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

bohemian_girl
Book Nut

Unread post

I have enjoyed these chapters immensley. Obama is really starting to show the qualities that led to his politcal career. Working as an organiser in New York, Obama has become involved in a number of causes with a bit of success, yet he doesn't seem satisfied with what he can do for people. His power to change is there, yet limited. It was interesting reading about his work with DCP, helping residents who were concerned about the presence of asbestos where they lived and how he encouraged people to get involved in their communities and demand better.

These chapters also cover Obama meeting his half sister from Kenya, a link to his father and I found it interesting, and a little heartbreaking, how his sister's story of their father contrasted with the idealistic image that he had of their father.
eric

Unread post

have enjoyed these chapters immensley. Obama is really starting to show the qualities that led to his politcal career. Working as an organiser in New York, Obama has become involved in a number of causes with a bit of success, yet he doesn't seem satisfied with what he can do for people. His power to change is there, yet limited. It was interesting reading about his work with DCP, helping residents who were concerned about the presence of asbestos where they lived and how he encouraged people to get involved in their communities and demand better.

These chapters also cover Obama meeting his half sister from Kenya, a link to his father and I found it interesting, and a little heartbreaking, how his sister's story of their father contrasted with the idealistic image that he had of their father.
svanitch
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I will admit that I hadn't heard of the author until his big speech and have obviously followed his career thus far. He is a wonderful speaker and make people want to listen to him. Gorgeous and amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect from his writing, but I was hoping it would be good.

Return to “Dreams From My Father - by Barack Obama”