• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Dreams from My Father - Ch. 17 - 19 & Epilogue

#62: Feb. - Mar. 2009 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Brotherska
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Well, I have gotten to the end. I find myself fascinated with this man. If his values remained the same, then we can predict some of the new President’s policies.

The damage that O’bama describes that the African communal culture received as a result of British colonial laws (especially the imposition of the hut tax to be paid in the British controlled currency) is disturbing. I can appreciate why he would decide to plant himself and his family in Rev Wright’s church which focused on recapturing some of these communal values.

It appears that some in his administration are still bitter at the colonial damage; hence, the befuddling offensive/embarrassing treatment meted out to British Prime Minister Brown and his administration by the US State Department before and during his recent US visit.

Regarding poverty, it seems that the emphasis is more on getting relatively secure public sector employment than more risky private sector business. Therefore, the proposed expansion of Government services and Government funded agencies appears to support this notion. However, that model is only theoretically sustainable for a country with sufficient nationalized natural resources.

Return to “Dreams From My Father - by Barack Obama”