• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Please "Check In" here if you plan to read and discuss "The Martian" with us!

#142: Oct. - Dec. 2015 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Please "Check In" here if you plan to read and discuss "The Martian" with us!

Unread post

Please Check In Here!

If you think you're going to read and participate in the discussion of "The Martian," by Andy Weird, please make a brief post here letting us know! Just "check in" by saying "I'm in" or whatever you want to say to give your fellow members a heads up that they can expect to hear more from you soon.

This discussion is open to those of you that just plan to watch the movie "The Martian" that is hitting theaters October 2, 2015. Our goal is to have a great discussion so please don't shy away from this forum if you're not interested in the book. From the reviews the movie is going to be awesome.

Also, please consider this forum the perfect place to discuss the wider topics of unmanned and manned space exploration, the space program in general or anything else related to astronomy or cosmology.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Please "Check In" here if you plan to read and discuss "The Martian" with us!

Unread post

count me in :) if nothing else i'll get to find out what happened between *SPOILER* and *SPOILER* :-D
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Re: Please "Check In" here if you plan to read and discuss "The Martian" with us!

Unread post

The sand box just picked up another player.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

All the people that said they'd like to read and discuss this book should check in here so others know of your plan to participate.
Magictodo
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm in!!!
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

I'm in!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

I saw the movie this morning. It is an extraordinary story of psychological resilience and creative innovation. The theme of how to survive alone in such an unforgiving environment as Mars is emotionally powerful.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

I am in!
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

If any of you would like a free print copy AND you currently have at least 25 posts on our forums AND you intend to read the book AND you intend to participate in the discussion of the book please send me a private message. Include a sentence of two saying you plan to participate. Give me your mailing address. I'll ship you a free book. :-)
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I'm waiting for my free copy! I'm in.

Return to “The Martian - by Andy Weir”