• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

im want learn english

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: im want learn english

Unread post

virput,

I'm sorry to say that i don't know of a book that will help you. But i do offer my services to your effort.

When you have a difficult task ahead of you, you should turn to someone nearby and say,

"Hold my beer, this is going to be the shit!"

When you have succeeded in a difficult task, you should hold your hand up and say,

"High five, bro!"
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

There is a man from Ukraine that I'm trying to tutor in English. All he wants to do is to talk with me, though, rather than be given "lessons." He finds talking with other English speakers or ESL learners to be the only thing that works. If you're living in Russia and don't have the same opportunity, I don't know what will work for you. Of course, there are zillions of resources online for learning English that would work as well or better than textbooks.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Rosetta Stone?
Pricey but worth it from what ive read :)
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

When I was trying to learn Spanish several months ago, I had the idea of reading a child's book in Spanish, figuring that the simpler language and vocabulary would make the job more doable. I picked Charlotte's Web (La Telerana de Charlotta), which probably was a mistake because it was too advanced! I spent many hours translating the book and it was tough going, but I finished and did learn a good deal of Spanish. I would suggest any book written for very young children in English, and I would think that some of your Russian classic tales for children have been translated into English.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Well, I don't think I can be of much help to you unless you wanted to work on your writing, which we could do by corresponding through private email. Writing has some effect in improving speaking. At any rate, best of luck to you. I admire anyone who tries to learn other languages. Learning languages should be a lot more prominent in our education system in the U.S., I believe.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I probably wasn't clear about the recommendation. If you can find a Russian children's book that has been translated into English, you can use your Russian original to help with translating the English. That's how I handled Charlotte's Web (which was too difficult for me). Saves a lot of time looking up words in the Russian-English dictionary. I found these Russian books that have been translated into English:

https://www.pinterest.com/rosspickford/ ... n-english/
pericotera
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm not much of adviser, but for real to learn NATIVE languages is best via sound and practicing
if to talk about exact reading stuff - lot of classics were build up for that perfectly)
but it's only my own poor opinion :blush:
pericotera
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

btw this is a very interesting set to discover and compare to what I've stopped by through being a child, thanks a lot

Return to “Science & Technology”