• In total there are 38 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The plight of the sane conservative.

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The plight of the sane conservative.

Unread post

Phillies:
.but it is obama that made the US so horrible to live in......there are way too many immigrants getting jobs.
I actually laughed until I realized you were serious. What brainwashing station do you listen to? I don't care about Obama. I don't care about liberals or progressives or democrats. What I care about is the truth, and you don't have it.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

phillies4evr wrote: I did not mean that children had to go to work.......but it is obama that made the US so horrible to live in......there are way too many immigrants getting jobs. That has to stopped!!!!!!
I visit fast-food franchises once in a while, you know those businesses that our Anglo kids won't work in anymore. The staff are almost entirely Hispanic, and the difference in service is remarkable. Those workers really work and are as nice as they can be. The U.S. will be 25% Hispanic before long according to figures I heard yesterday, and I think that bodes well for the country. Anti-immigration means that we relinquish one of our historic strengths. It's very unAmerican.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

phillies4evr wrote: yes, I do believe that every man, woman and child should fend for themselves. All of us are under government rules and it is becoming more like a dictatorship than anything else. Take the health care issue for example. Do you want the government to know your personal health history? I sure as hell don't. As for education, anything is better then what we are not getting now. I am definitely a Republican and definitely a tea party activist.
Pardon me, I don't mean to offend you, but aren't you the same person who told us you are on total disability?
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

Interbane wrote:Phillies:
.but it is obama that made the US so horrible to live in......there are way too many immigrants getting jobs.
I actually laughed until I realized you were serious. What brainwashing station do you listen to? I don't care about Obama. I don't care about liberals or progressives or democrats. What I care about is the truth, and you don't have it.
The truth is that obama is hiding stuff from us. There are sealed documents that as I understand it, Nancy Pelosi has with her and is hiding it. if you totally think that Obama is telling the truth about everything going on in the government, find out why his name on college records state that he was known as barry somebody. Why did he change his name and never brought it up when he was running for office. From that moment on I knew that this guy could not be trusted.

About my kids and school, I brought the subject up that there is no government money to help my children out because my husband, so they say, makes too much money and that is a crock of shit! We are family who needs help for college. I don't think most of us have 15,000 to $20,000 to pay the colleges in full right from the get go. So I hope you understand where I'm coming from
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

yes, I do believe that every man, woman and child should fend for themselves. All of us are under government rules and it is becoming more like a dictatorship than anything else. Take the health care issue for example. Do you want the government to know your personal health history? I sure as hell don't. As for education, anything is better then what we are not getting now. I am definitely a Republican and definitely a tea party activist.
I can't bite my tongue anymore. You have no idea what you are talking about. Not even a rudimentary grasp. What the hell is the above paragraph saying? You have said multiple times that you yourself are "totally disabled" and that the government isn't paying you enough, and also, that your kids need to go to college and that the governemnt should pay a full ride for them WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

I am starting to get a grip on the kind of disability you are refering to.

The truth is that obama is hiding stuff from us. There are sealed documents that as I understand it, Nancy Pelosi has with her and is hiding it. if you totally think that Obama is telling the truth about everything going on in the government, find out why his name on college records state that he was known as barry somebody. Why did he change his name and never brought it up when he was running for office. From that moment on I knew that this guy could not be trusted.
You sound like a conspiracy theory whack job. Do you think Pelosi is getting her directions right from the mother ship through antennas in her molars? Do you think they have a secret hit list full of the names of all non communists? With the nonsense you spout, it is getting easier and easier to just skip your posts entirely.
About my kids and school, I brought the subject up that there is no government money to help my children out because my husband, so they say, makes too much money and that is a crock of shit! We are family who needs help for college. I don't think most of us have 15,000 to $20,000 to pay the colleges in full right from the get go. So I hope you understand where I'm coming from
Not at all. You want a free ride for your kids and if you will refer to the post you entered, DIRECTLY BEFORE THIS POST, you said that
yes, I do believe that every man, woman and child should fend for themselves.
You can't have it both ways. You yourself have been voting against the very people who would have tried to help get your kids into college. you yourself are voting against the plans which would improve your life. You don't understand what i have written in this post, and i know that. I will try this again.

YOU voted to keep people like YOU from receiving the benefits that YOU are utilizing.

Well at least you have proven to be an enlightening example of the kind of mind set which we will be force to deal with in this country. A complete ignorance of the topics at hand, followed by a completely incorrect, yet confident, assertion.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

One someone passes a certain critical delusional threshold, their vote should be counted as a negative. No, I guess that would backfire. FOX brainwashvision would convince them in a delusional fashion that Obama was god and get their way anyway.
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

for one thing, i am on disability for physical disabilities......not mental as u proport!!!!!!!!! i am so angrydo you even say something like that. That is so inconsiderate. You have no idea of the pain I am in everyday. I don't even want to talk to people like you. This will be my last post on this subject because I don't need to speak to idiots such as yourself.
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

for one thing, i am on disability for physical disabilities......not mental as u proport!!!!!!!!!
It would be fine if you did have mental disability. I think Johnson would agree with that too. It is just a disability like any disability. But I am sorry to hear about your physical pain.

But phillies, people like Johnson and I are on your side. Correct me if I am wrong, Johnson, but I think that we both think that the country should take care of its disabled. Do you understand that you are voting against your own best interest by voting for the tea party and the republicans? You cannot have it both ways. You can believe that you take care of yourself, your family, etc. without government help. This means that, disabled or not, you find a way to take care of yourself. Or you believe that the community as a whole takes responsibility for each other. I mean it may be that you think that everyone should have to provide for him or herself except you. This is unfair. Either it is fair for all of us, or none of us.

I don't even want to talk to people like you. This will be my last post on this subject because I don't need to speak to idiots such as yourself
Booktalk can be kind of harsh sometimes. I am not really sure why that is. Maybe it is because the topics that we talk about, religion and politics, are very emotional. But it seems important to keep the conversation going. We can learn a lot from each other.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Absolutely.

We need to look after all the members of our society. If people like Phillies didn't have to worry about just getting through the day, they could devote their skills to other problems. Even bound to a residence, there is much a person could offer the world through telecomunications.

I am sure that you could make a very good living as an accountant or some other kind of data processing position and never necessarily have to leave the house. these are valuable trades that the world needs and can be filled by even the "totally disabled".

What draws my ire here is the flabby thought process employed in these posts. I see no reasoning at work. They have not even been internally consistant, much less reflective of real-world conditions.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

What draws my ire here is the flabby thought process employed in these posts. I see no reasoning at work. They have not even been internally consistant, much less reflective of real-world conditions.
It is hard to sort through things sometimes, especially if you have a disability. It seems like you truly believe what you are saying though, Phillies. Oftentimes what you say does not seem to be consistent as Johnson says, however. Would you explain that?

Return to “Current Events & History”