• In total there are 68 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Next Generation - A Dystopian Series

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
DJB77
Official Newbie!

The Next Generation - A Dystopian Series

Unread post

Hi everyone- Following the honesty rule, I am the author of this work and I am here to promote my book because I think many of the readers on this site would be interested. :)

THE NEXT GENERATION: A DYSTOPIAN SERIES
After the Nuclear War of the 21st Century, problems that have existed for decades, sometimes centuries, are focused on like never before. A giant leap in Genetic Sciences coupled with an overwhelming desire to aid the environments that children are raised in, result in the government's attempt to create a perfect society. This means that genetic dispositions to diseases or unwanted behaviours are to be stamped out by sterilizing 'unclean' children and parenting licenses are given only to potential parents who meet the strict required guidelines. At first the quality of life seems to get better for all. Children's genes are determined to be 'cleaner' and less children are raised in poor homes. Over time though the effects are not as desirable, as the program lacks the funding to succeed in its longterm goal and begins to turn a dangerous new leaf.

Lily is a child who has grown up in the Lockdown, a highly secure wing of the city's orphanage, and she knows what most people outside of the building do not. The government is not only separating the newborn children based on the quality of their genetic makeup, but the 'clean' teenagers are forced to reproduce in order to create the perfect human race. Lily is disgusted by this practice, known as 'Positive Procreation', and she longs for freedom from the oppressive plans of the officials. But what chance does she have against a blind society that allows such a disgraceful common practice?

BOOK ONE: THE LOCKDOWN
In a struggle to balance nature and nurture to improve the quality of the human race, the government decided to control families by granting parenting licenses to couples who want children. Now, all newborns are sterilized at birth to prevent the carrying of damaged genes. Only children found to be ‘genetically clean’ are left able to reproduce, done under the supervision of the governing officials. Lily is one of these ‘clean’ children and the fate of the human race is partially up to her, however Lily dreads what the government has in store for her. Angry at the entire oppressive system, Lily runs away to embark on a journey that may give her the freedom that she has always wished she had, though at the cost of leaving everything she knows behind.

The first part of The Next Generation, a dystopian series by Dixon Block. WARNING: This book may be considered controversial by some.

Release date: December 12th 2014 (currently available for pre order on Amazon)
http://www.amazon.ca/Lockdown-Next-Gene ... e+Lockdown

Visit my website to get a free sample of the book and send me an email if you want a free copy in exchange for a potential Amazon review?? Much appreciated!

Cheers all, I'd love to hear your thoughts either on this thread or via email (email is best!)

Dixon

www.dixonblock.wix.com/author
[email protected]

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”