• In total there are 42 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

SCORCHED (Sci-Fi/Social Satire)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
AuthorMichaelSoll
Official Newbie!

SCORCHED (Sci-Fi/Social Satire)

Unread post

Hi Everyone,

Long time stalker, first time poster. I've come out of the shadows to talk about my new novel SCORCHED. It's currently the top ranked book on Amazon's YA Sci-Fi Mystery list and 8th on YA Dystopian novels behind the Hunger Games. I'm a PAGE contest winner and top ten finalist in Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope contest, both of which have thousands of submissions each year.

SCORCHED is an underground adventure story about three teenagers who were born beneath the surface in an ant-like colony after a solar flare incinerated the atmosphere. The teens leave their hive and discover other surviving civilizations underground as they journey toward the surface. It's a YA book meant for adults...it's really a social satire disguised as a YA novel. I'm a really big fan of Heinlein and the great 20th century Dystopian novels like Brave New World and 1985, and I think you can see that in Scorched.

There's a free download for Kindle Unlimited users (99 cents for the dl if you don't have KU).

Here's the link if you're interested in taking a look, and I'd love to hear everyone's feedback.
Scorched

-- Michael

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”