• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Sceintific-evidence of god

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Azrael
Masters

Re: Sceintific-evidence of god

Unread post

So you cannot support your pathetic argument of a Sky Fairy so you are just going to leave huh. No one is saying your the bad guy what I am saying is that the claims of other people who have claimed to have had experiences with your Sky Fairy are just that "claims" and have no scientific bases just hearsay. As I said earlier your argument is nothing new claim as been made on just about every God site on the web that he exists. If you really believe in this stuff your spewing you will stand and support your position if not you will stick your tail between your legs and leave.
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

:lol: I agree, John fully...I dont see US both throwing out remarks like 'what a spew what you just said, Mr. such and such'. But no worries, John..I am not offended by any means. As I just read somewhere: "How people behave towards you is THEIR karma, it is your reaction to it that will determine yours".

Star Dust, Mr. John supported the Star Fairy (aww..thats so nice actually..since I DO believe in fairies as well.:) )on many occasions but not many seemed to dig into it. Perhaps you should listen to this 60 min show on NZ TV station about "evidence" of UFOS: http://www.3news.co.nz/UFO-The-truth-is ... s=facebook

And I have no intentions of leaving the forum. People will always have various views, and I will always have mine. What must be adjusted, however, is our involvement with some of the more discussions if we see it begins to accomplish nothing. :roll:
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

MDuszak wrote::lol: I agree, John fully...I dont see US both throwing out remarks like 'what a spew what you just said, Mr. such and such'. But no worries, John..I am not offended by any means. As I just read somewhere: "How people behave towards you is THEIR karma, it is your reaction to it that will determine yours".

Star Dust, Mr. John supported the Star Fairy (aww..thats so nice actually..since I DO believe in fairies as well.:) )on many occasions but not many seemed to dig into it. Perhaps you should listen to this 60 min show on NZ TV station about "evidence" of UFOS: http://www.3news.co.nz/UFO-The-truth-is ... s=facebook

And I have no intentions of leaving the forum. People will always have various views, and I will always have mine. What must be adjusted, however, is our involvement with some of the more discussions if we see it begins to accomplish nothing. :roll:
I have my views, and I accept other peoples, but when people talk trash to me when I have given them respect and ask for them same, then I go. Its always a rule of thumb for me to leave when I am being ganged up upon. I didnt this time, and look what happened!
MDuszak
Experienced

Unread post

I know, John. Thats what I mean, it's better to leave the discussion. Better to spend this time on increasing our knowledge of important things. The seed has been planted. Now it's time to fly. :) Catch you soon!
Think that life is an ongoing odyssey full of unsolved questions and mysteries, with no one truly knowing what the Ultimate Reality is? So do I! Purchase my new book "ODYSSEY OF AN AIRHEAD; ULTIMATE TRUTH, HERE I COME!" and join me on this Earthly journey full of new truths to discover! http://www.odysseyofanairhead.com
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

MDuszak wrote:I know, John. Thats what I mean, it's better to leave the discussion. Better to spend this time on increasing our knowledge of important things. The seed has been planted. Now it's time to fly. :) Catch you soon!
good stuff!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

JohnMcAdam wrote:I have my views, and I accept other peoples, but when people talk trash to me when I have given them respect and ask for them same, then I go. Its always a rule of thumb for me to leave when I am being ganged up upon. I didnt this time, and look what happened!
No one has talked trash to you. You continue to say that people have insulted you and called you names, and yet no one has. Please be honest with your posts, because it is unfair to everyone else if you claim that we attack you when there is no "evidence" of this happening.

You do NOT accept other people's views. You state that what you have seen or experienced or researched is the truth, whether I or anyone else believes it or not, and that is not the case. You take offense to our position as strongly as we take offense to yours, and you don't treat us very kindly, either. I believe there was an F-bomb a few posts back, something I don't think is generally accepted on this forum. At any rate, you can believe what you believe, but that doesn't make it true, and just because I don't agree with you and refuse to accept your belief as proof does NOT mean I am "trash talking" you or "ganging up on you."

No one is asking you to leave, they are simply trying to make you THINK about these experiences and not just believe because you WANT to. And just because you want to believe and do and so do others, does not prove beyond a doubt the existence of extraterrestrials or God, and while you are welcome to your belief, we are welcome to trust in science and not in intangible, personal accounts that mean nothing to us. I, personally, do not like being made out to look like a bully just because I don't believe that aliens were actually the ancient gods who created everything and started civilization, and when I say that that is a ridiculous notion, I am fully backed by the rules of this site as well the American constitution in saying so without being accused of attacking anyone or being "mean."

As for "we only believe what we want to believe," I don't believe in anything, by way of religion or whatever else is being argued here. I "believe" what I can see and touch and what trusted scientists have found using SCIENCE (anyone else notice that the title of this thread is spelled wrong?) and not just storytelling to find out how natural processes work and so on and so on. I don't believe in God, I don't believe in gods, I don't believe that Earth has had contact with any beings from outer space (but am not opposed to idea that life could exist outside of our planet), I don't believe in fairies, I don't believe in reincarnation, etc. I find all of these ideas interesting, but I don't commit to any of them because I do not know, and I refuse to believe something that I cannot know is true or not. As for being an "atheist" or any other term that ends in an -ist or -ism, I quote Matthew Broderick as Ferris Buehller: "I don't believe in -isms, I just believe in me." I don't even know that I believe in me, but I certainly don't have a system of beliefs that carries me through life the way you and most other people do. I don't even have a concrete lack of belief. I just am. Plain and simple.

Also, if you're used to being "ganged up on" to the point where you have a "rule of thumb" for leaving when that happens, maybe you should change your tactics a bit. Be more subtle and inviting of opinions, instead of hating everyone who disagrees with you or tries to educate you on some information you may not have correct. No one here has attacked you, and any "mean" comments were joking, and if you can't take that, you probably shouldn't join anymore forums, as most people are generally the same, and no matter where you go you will encounter people who don't agree with you and make jokes at your expense because of how serious you take yourself and your beliefs.

Do you want, by all means, but don't call us bullies just for engaging in conversation with you. If you don't want to hear other people's viewpoints, either join a forum specific to the topic you want to discuss so that no one will disagree with you, or talk to yourself, since you won't disagree with yourself. Whatever you do, stop pretending we're treating you so very horribly here, because no one has done anything but disagree with you, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

MDuszak wrote:I know, John. Thats what I mean, it's better to leave the discussion. Better to spend this time on increasing our knowledge of important things. The seed has been planted. Now it's time to fly. :) Catch you soon!
What seed is that? The only seed thats been planted is the one in your head that assumes hearsay and claims by people who have no evidence of these experiences. Best thing for you to do is start your own forum where when people disagree with you ban them. There is two sides to every story they don't convict people on just one side of the story they hear both. You put yourself in front of the firing squad simple by the way you phrased the OP that in some minds makes the assumption that you already know the answer and other opinions are not valid. Simple by the way your acting is a result of this. Others views are considered attacks on you personally because we do not agree with your unfound assumptions that you have presented no evidence to the contrary. No one has called you names that I have seen. You would be better off joining a Fundie board where they accept this nonsense as fact.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

you have got it completely wrong.

The whole point of the scientific process and objective evidence is that it is... objevtive evidence.

That means that the actual measurements and observations are not subjective. They are not dependent on a point of view.

the wavelength of a particular kind of radiation is an objective fact.

a spooky story about how a person was abducted and studied by aliens is in no way scientific evidence.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Goon on you, John, for standing your firm ground among all these "scientists" here .
Ahahaha! I love it! Kinda like Sarah Palin, "Someone has to stand up to these experts!" People who believe whatever they want don't understand that the entire enterprise of science is eliminating bias and false information. Those who have treasured false beliefs demonize science when they're shown to be wrong, instead of changing their beliefs. It's a wonder that we've evolved to be so stubborn and stupid. Except that stubborn and stupid has an evolutionary advantage.

Idiot scientists got lucky building these newfangled computer contraptions. I think god does magic to make all these posts go through!
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

The problem with the idea that experts decide is that the community of critics becomes shallow. In fact the increased hyper-specilization that is required for higher sciences has been documented to systematically remove the potential for public engagement and comment at a meaningful level. The deferral to magical explinations all too common, while the scientist is left to his bundle of complex symbolic abstractions and esotric language. The potential space here for misunderstanding is huge. We could imagine a scientists developing lasers for medical applications only to be redefined by the user groups as development of space age weapons, or funding being given to propigate "voodoo science."

The scientific elimination of "bias and false information" is a fallacious definition for several fundamental reasons, first of which is that science does not actually do anything. Science does not prove, science suggests proofs to human thinkers. What emerges is the spontaneous dynamic of knowledge transfer. The very unscientific interpretation of the technical into the conversational. The extension of the cognitive self into "nature" and its inevitable return to the psyche. The contact with the Universal "other" (vis a vi Hegel as read by Zizek) and the monstrosity which is necessarily produced. The monstrosity of Christ, of any Universal Other.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”