• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Republicans and subtlety: A tragic story.

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Republicans and subtlety: A tragic story.

Unread post

http://web.campaignsolutions.com/rnc/20 ... BMW17GUXCG

Now THAT is un-biased polling.

real examples:
5. Do you oppose the Obama National Energy Tax, also known as “cap and trade,” which would skyrocket your utility bills and destroy jobs while having virtually no impact on the environment?

1. Do you oppose the Obama-Pelosi health care takeover plan that would bring Washington bureaucrats between doctors and patients, ration medical treatment and deny critical care while skyrocketing the national debt?
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Krysondra

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

That's certainly an ... accurate portrayal in the wonderful world of political surveys. It allows so much room for Republicans to possibly say what they mean to say.
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never say a common place thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..." ~ Jack Kerouac
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Republicans and subtlety: A tragic story.

Unread post

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/politi ... -paychecks

Welcome to McDonalds. Would you like ominous notes with your pay stub pushing you toward a republican vote with that?
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

It's amusing the consider the liberal version of those questions:

Do you support Obama's cap-and-trade plan to prevent millions of deaths and worldwide suffering that would otherwise occur due to global warming?

Do you support Obama's health care plan to provide health care to 30 million Americans, saving the lives of 30000 people every year and letting millions of people, including many children, receive the necessary medical care that they otherwise wouldn't receive?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Stay home, Democrats!

The republicans have programmed a robot that will take care of all your absentee voting needs! *

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/12/r ... elections/

*no vote for you!
-Guillermo Del Torro

BretAM5
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Every once in a while I get a letter address to "Citizens concerned about immigration," which asks my opinion on various questions regarding those immigrants that are apparently ruining my job prospects. And no, there was little effort on the part of the author to differentiate between legal and illegal immigration.

I will occasionally mail them back with sarcastic responses (they're paying for postage, after all). Push polls can be fun, if you don't let them bother you.
"As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for becoming a writer is not having to get up in the morning." -Neil Gaiman

Check out my fiction blog/online notebook, Watch Your Eyes

Return to “Current Events & History”