• In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Reading for pleasure! What are you reading now?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Right now I'm reading:

Naked Economics by Charles Wheelen - that copy is at work and I read it on breaks. I've FINALLY got around to it.

A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway - that copy is by my bed

and I'm also reading An Illustrated Guide to the American Economy as a supplement to the Wheelen book. That's also next to my bed.

I have 1776 but I haven't had time to read it. The reviews on the book were once good and now they seem to have turned really sour. Several reviewers on Amazon.com say the book jumps around a lot and isn't very well written. They also say it romanticizes Washington's role. I dunno - my copy has all the cool letters and stuff in it and I'm sure I'll get around to reading it one day.
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

About to re-read the first Famous Five book.
Books are my life
farmgirlshelley
Intern

Unread post

President Camacho wrote:Great expectations is probably the awesomest book ever for me. :)

Right now I'm reading Dracula for fun, and for the first time!

Can you imagine? I don't think I've ever read Frankenstein or Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde either. I think I'll read them next! :)
I never did finish Great Expectations, but I did love it. I have never read any of the books listed above but I would love to.
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
opcode
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

"The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court"

I am also wrapping up a biography about Sinatra. Oh, and it just started snowing here and I have Bailey's for my coffee so I'll probably finish both tonight. :bananadance:
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

A Farewell to Arms has been completed so I'm now on The Ugly American by Lederer and Burdick.
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Unread post

Anyone here heard of www.anobii.com?*

*rhetorical question

I will start a booktalk.org group. You have to prove to me you are a member of this site to be accepted, using your existing username will help. The group will be called: Booktalk.org Members, you may have to do a search under groups, if you cannot find it my anobii username is Grim. If all else fails search for Bad Money and I should have it on my shelf (the one with the image). I am sure that the booktalk.org owner will be ok with this??

Oh and no need to thank me I do it for the kids.

:book:
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

I'm re-reading the first famous five book so I can read the next 9 in the box set I got the other day which I've never read before.
Books are my life
realiz

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Amazingly Intelligent

Unread post

I just finished Probable Future by Alice Hoffman which took me my entire two week vacation to finish, so not really a book that you can't put down. I started Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks on the way home and my copy of Bad Money was waiting for me in the mail, so I'll start it soon.
sweisser
Almost Comfortable

Nightstand reading

Unread post

Well, I told my kids I would read Inkheart this weekend since a movie is coming out next week. BUT, I forgot it at work. I might just read it to them this six weeks. I am reading a couple of mysteries (Sherlock Holmes vs Dracula & Back to School Murder) and a Ben Franklin biography. It all depends upon what mood I am in. :hmm:
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

The Histories by Herodotus

Return to “Everything Else”