• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Let’s all place our well-appointed ridicule of Tea Baggers here.

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Let’s all place our well-appointed ridicule of Tea Baggers here.

Unread post

Of course.
I, an American small business owner, part of the class that produces the vast majority of real, wealth producing jobs in this country, hereby resolve that I will not hire a single person until this war against business and my country is stopped.
Tea party nation advises that small business owners should refuse to hire people and spike the economy to hurt Obama's presidency.

wow.

http://www.teapartynation.com/profiles/ ... share_post
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

We can probably take it for granted that most of those who identify with the Tea Party movement would not resort to such antics.

This was a recent blog by James Sinclair showing the overlap between the Tea Party and the Occupy Wallstreet movements. It includes this Venn diagram. Very interesting post and worth a read.

http://howconservativesdrovemeaway.blog ... party.html
-Geo
Question everything
Dave The Marine
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Ridicule of others, how fun, let me take a try. Since they didn't call themselves "Tea Baggers" but those who disliked them gave them that name, let me drop my balls on your nose and give a name to another group of protestors in the news. Lets call "Occupy Wall Street" (and this will make it more concise as well) "Douche Baggers". I think it fits. As for Venn Diagrams, it is true that the Tea Baggers and the Douche Baggers identified some of the same problems, but I am like John Lennon "I'd love to see the plan" before I get on board with anyone, and their plans define them more then what they are protesting against. I like others get great felicity from name calling (not) instead of talking about solutions, and it really advances our society to make fun of and name call everyone. Most people choose their politics based on one issue (correctly perceived or not) they think the perticular political party of their choosing is on the "right" side of, and then they follow (or better to say attempt to defend) every other position this party takes no matter how absurd.

OK, ready, aim, fire at will.

Return to “Current Events & History”