• In total there are 27 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 27 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Fundamentalist World: The New Dark Age of Dogma

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Sabrinabee

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Getting Comfortable

Fundamentalist World: The New Dark Age of Dogma

Unread post

Someone suggested this book to me and it is sitting on my to be read waiting list. I think it's message could ve important tin these times.

9/11, suicide bombings in the Middle East, anti-abortion terrorism, the American militia movement, teaching creationism in schools, the collapse of the Argentinian economy, the rise of the far right in Europe, riots at Miss World: what ties these seemingly unrelated phenomena together? All are products of a fundamentalist mentality, determined to crush all opposing ideas. Belief in these kinds of universal theories was, until recently, assumed to be in decline. The author argues that this is far from true. History, power, security, control, fulfilment, purity, identity and self-definition are key themes of the curiously modern renaissance of fundamentalist thought. And fundamentalism is no fringe enthusiasm, but an increasingly mainstream and powerful influence. Whether it's religious, political, imperialist, nationalist or even market fundamentalism, believe it: we live in an increasingly fundamentalist world.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentalist-Wo ... 101&sr=8-1
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. - Charles Darwin

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”