• In total there are 21 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What is your favorite baseball team?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Azrael
Masters

Re: What is your favorite baseball team?

Unread post

Yankees! Been a fan for years! Too bad they got beat this year....maybe next year.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I was a Cleveland Indians fan when I was a kid but I just don't watch any sports now. Since I grew up in Ohio I would still consider myself an Indians fan....if forced at gunpoint to give an answer.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
toodeemo
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

When I was 9 years old, my father got some tickets to Yankee Stadium from a friend of his. It was 1961. I had seen Mickey Mantle on television for a couple of years. I sort of knew who Roger Maris was. And Whitey Ford. So when we got to the ballpark, I was pretty excited. Whitey was pitching against the White Sox. Mickey struck out a couple of times. But Roger Maris hit a home run. Some guy named Johnny Blanchard hit two. He almost hit a third in a row, but the White Sox outfielder went into the stands to catch it. I later learned that if that wen out it would have been five consecutive home runs for Johnny Blanchard. Four in a row was, and cointinues to be the record. I saw Yogi, Bobby Richardson, Clete Boyer, Elston Howard...all of my baseball heroes that day. And at Yankee Stadium. Of course, that solidified my Yankee Fandom for life.

Nothing much has changed since then. Through the championship years, and the Roger Repoz disasters, the CBS ownership and long droughts between winning seasons, I am and always will be a Yankee Fan. It's not about the rings. It's not about the hype. It's about that day in 1961 when Mantle struck out and Roger hit a home run. And about a kid who got the chance to see it all with his father.
To do is to be...Socrates

To be is to do...Sartre

Do be do be do...Sinatra
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

lol chris!!!!!!!! promise not to hold you at gunpoint!!!!!!!!!
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

well, the Phillies are done and I really hate the Giants now. So... just because I like to pick a team to follow, I am rooting for the Rangers. I know they are the underdogs win but I hate the Giants that much. I wish Cody Ross would break a major limb on his body! :twisted: I really am not mean that way but I swear the guy is on steroids. He seems to be too good to be true!
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

well, my favorite baseball team IS NOT the Giants. They beat my Phillies and I hope Cody Ross decides to retire! He is our arch nemisis. since the Phillies did not make it into the World Series this year, I was rooting for Cliff Lee and the.
Rangers! I just hope that the Phillies do not get rid of Jason Werth!!!!!!! they should pay him whatever he asks for. He is worth his weight in gold! Three more months until spring training!
rachelrly
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Oakland Athletics. Now that the team was sold and new owners have relaxed the portfolio a bit, I think it just goes from strength ..
kyjake23
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

I've always been a Reds fan, having grown up about 2 hours from the Queen City...unfortunately, being a homer ain't what it used to be. As Jerry Seinfeld says, you're really just rooting for the laundry.
rocio44
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yankees! -new yorker all the wayyy
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”