• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Big Short by Michael Lewis

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Re: The Big Short by Michael Lewis

Unread post

I'm on ch. 7. Take your time. I'm retired so I have a lot of time to read.
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

I'm actually on Ch. 5 right now. I'm usually fast but I have been so busy at the library that I haven't had the chance to read it fast enough.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

After reading this book, it is amazing to me how many conservatives are now trying to lay the blame for the country's financial crisis on homeowners. Isn't it the American Dream to own a home? And why wouldn't uneducated folks, or even educated folks who didn't understand what was going on with these mortgages, take a loan when they thought that they would be able to make the payments? Who would have guessed (Wall Street obviously didn't) that the economy would collapse and these homeowners would end up out of work?
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

I use this often whenever I'm talking about politics, religion or anything else and have to thank Spock for it. It's too logical. It makes sense on taking out a loan when they would have made the payments. And I believe that is the problem today in our world. If things are too logical, if they make sense in doing it, then they don't do it. They try to do the illogical way of doing things, and we are stuck in the middle.
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

Just finished it. It was really good. He sure did his homework on this book.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”