Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 05, 2016 8:41 pm

<< Week of May 05, 2016 >>
Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
5 Day Month

6 Day Month

7 Day Month

8 Day Month

9 Day Month

10 Day Month

11 Day Month

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ch. 13 - How Jesus Became Savior 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Diamond Contributor

Post Re: Ch. 13 - How Jesus Became Savior
Robert Tulip wrote:

I am a bit curious about the product labeling;

The can says, "Designed to remove unwanted trolls..."

To me this implies that there are at least two and possibly three types of trolls:

Unwanted
Wanted
Indifferent

now, the question arises as to the method of designation.

It seems to me that my experience has been that the designation is a matter of perspective.
If a poster is in line with the majority opinion then comments are welcome.
If a poster is an opposing force the comments are unwanted.
I have not detected a case for the indifferent category yet, but it may be like dark energy, a theoretical possibility as yet undected.

Lest you think that Wanted trolls are in the same category as unicorns and leprachauns, I can show you examples of some where the perspective factor definitely came into play. The examples can be found in, Evil Bible Stories, Epistemology and Biblical Evidence etc. In one of the Evil Bible stories we got wrapped around the axle arguing about whether the population of the ancient world was sufficient to support the statistics of the story, a salient point if the discussion was about the accuracy of the Bible but in that case in wasn't. I won't waste any more time detailing the other examples other than to cite one thread which I believe was an intentional troll itself, that was a recent one titled, The Age of the Earth.

This will be my last post in the TEoG discussion unless I decide to submit some questions.

where n are natural numbers.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Vacuums Around Book Piles

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Post Re: Ch. 13 - How Jesus Became Savior
Robert Tulip wrote:

A can of this and a can of whup ass is all anyone needs.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:33 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5