• In total there are 24 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Tears in the Darkness

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Emperorbjt
The Great Gabsby

Tears in the Darkness

Unread post

Time for a little WWII history, which is an old favorite subject of mine.

I am a couple of chapters into Tears in the Darkness, by Michael and Elizabeth Norman. This is the story of the American - Filipino army that surrendered to the Japanese in 1942. Thus far, it is a fascinating read.
Emperorbjt
The Great Gabsby

Re: Tears in the Darkness

Unread post

I just finished this one. It is a great, taut and well written history book.

It is full of brutality and cruelty so it might be a little hard to take for some.

It is amazing how inhumane and cruel that humans can be to each other. Having read a lot of history it sometimes seems that murder, rape and torture are often the norm.

It is also amazing just how much torture and depravation we can take and still survive.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”