• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

How I spent my summer vacation

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
booklady
The Great Gabsby

How I spent my summer vacation

Unread post

Just kidding. My twisted sense of humor there.

In addition to the 2 books I've been reading this summer I always have a primary one. I just finished that the day before yesterday. What a controversial and fascinating book. Whoa!

Lords of the land amazon.com/Lords-Land-Settlements-Terri ... amp;sr=1-1

I just started SOTAH amazon.com/Sotah-Naomi-Ragen/dp/0517589 ... amp;sr=1-1 A delightful, enlightening and refreshing departure from all the books written by scholars. I like this author very much and do believe I'll read some more of her books.

Open to any and all suggestions/recommendation :yes:

Sidenote:
It's too bad we are not able to link directly to Amazon or Powell's like we do with YouTube when we type out a book title. I know several sites that do it and encourage members to use this option BECAUSE the site gets money, moolah, dinero for doing it and Amazon gets mucho advertising. A win, win situation. Lastly, it is wicked convenient for members to just click on the book title and VOILA, there's the book. Just saying...
Last edited by booklady on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Booklady

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

“A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.”

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

"When I hear somebody sigh "Life is hard" I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Return to “What are you currently reading?”