• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Ch. 1 - Sailing Dreams

#83: June - Aug. 2010 (Non-Fiction)
docsafari
Getting Comfortable

Re: Ch. 1 - Sailing Dreams

Unread post

Faith comes up most explicitly in a later chapter. (I don't want to short circuit things for readers.)
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Unread post

docsafari wrote:Faith comes up most explicitly in a later chapter. (I don't want to short circuit things for readers.)
I understand. I am looking forward to the discussion.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Unread post

Life is not lived in 22 minute episodes with 8 minutes of commericials and a neat resolution before the end credits and Alone is not a book with a neat ending that ties everything up into a satisfying package.

In the 50 years that have elapsed since the events recounted in Alone, American society has changed. We are much less innocent. We know there are people among us who will harm us with little motiviation. And yet, even with our increase guard, when we initiate a plan to have a dream vacation, how often do we factor in the possibility of being victims of crime? Certainly the Dupperraults probably took reasonable precautions for the time. But how reasonable is it to administer a personality test under the circumstances?
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
farmgirlshelley
Intern

Unread post

I think Tere is amazing. I loved the detailed story of her family. what a great loss it is not only to Tere but to the community. they were extraordinary people.
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

Return to “ALONE: Orphaned on the Ocean - by Richard Logan & Tere Duperrault Fassbender”