• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

Unread post

I just started reading the classic Robinson Crusoe, a novel by Daniel Defoe. I'm only a few dozen pages in but it's quite enjoyable.
meliamom
Creative Writing Student

Re: Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

Unread post

What version are you reading? I teach the unabridged version, and it can be a difficult read at times. As you get into the book, there are some great topics for discussion, especially when Crusoe meets Friday. It reveals attitudes of colonialism and how non-whites are treated as "the others." I would love to hear more of your opinion as you continue to read.
meliamom
Creative Writing Student

Re: Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

Unread post

After reading Robinson Crusoe, I suggest reading the play Pantomime by Derek Walcott. It's kind of a parody of the novel, and criticizes the relationship between Crusoe and Friday.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”