• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Armageddon is near! The Antichrist has been born on Earth, and is reaching the age where his powers will develop and destroy the world as we know it. A devil and an angel put on Earth to thwart each other's purposes decide they like living on Earth so much that they team up to thwart the development of the Antichrist, and so they watch the child and teach it opposing views so that it will remain neutral. There's just one problem: The child they think is the Antichrist is just a normal child, and the real Antichrist was accidentally switched in the hospital the night of its birth, and has been raised by an unassuming small town family in the English countryside. Both Angel and Devil must now find the Antichrist and try to stop him from undoing the world (and also to save themselves from the punishment of Heaven and Hell for botching their assignments), and along with Anathema Device, the descendant of Agnes Nutter (the only witch to ever write true prophecies), and a few men from the ancient Witchfinder clan, they must stop the coming apocalypse, even though it has already been set in motion and the Four Horsemen are readying for battle. How will it all end? I know, and you should definitely find out.

I'm reading this, one of my favorite books ever, for the second time now, a bit of apocalyptic fun laced with British humor and wonderful characters and dialogue, to cleanse my palate after reading the "classic" Don Quixote, and the change is more embraced then simply welcomed.

If anyone would like to discuss the book, I will be here, waiting. Get yourselves a copy and join me at the end of the world!

Return to “What are you currently reading?”