• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

VI- Heart of Darkness: the title.

#44: Feb. - Mar. 2008 (Fiction)
logan
Official Newbie!

Re: VI- Heart of Darkness: the title.

Unread post

i believe the title is named heart of darkness because the book is full or mysterious and unknown places to marlow on his adventures through out his journey
logan macin fletcher 1st
anramirez1

Unread post

Just like said during class Darkness can be anything, depending on then point of view. In Heart of Darkness, ithink the word darkness means Marlows curiosity which leads to Africas and it's danger.
gachin
Official Newbie!

Unread post

i think the title heart of darkness means heart is loving and caring but the darkness means evil and scary.
brazil
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The tilte heart of darkness is a great title because when he say heart its describes the central like the main point ,darkness is like the dark all the bad thing so the title is means; the center of bad things of darkness were all the bad things happen.
darubalcava

Unread post

:arrow: I think the word heart in the title symbolically means the river and the word darkness in the title is all the evil stuff in the story. The heart is the river because it’s the main part of the story where all the darkness /evil is going on. The darkness is the slavery and killing they are doing the story. :arrow2:
AngelOfDarkness
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think the title mean that the book is about dark intensions!!!!!!!
sumlostboi415
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Edmond 5th - The title is just a reflection of how Marlow felt after he went through his adventure. I also think it might have an unknown side to it because we never know if he ever find what he is looking for.
solisss
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think this title means that there's hidden evil in the world that hasn't been discovered and slowly we find more and more about the pass and the dark deeds that were done
HannahQ
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hannah Q. 5th period.
I think that the title's meaning is saying that the book is about people's hearts getting cold from the darkness or negativity that they went through in their lifetime.
IdaYu
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ida from 1st period.
I think this book is called the Heart of Darkness because Marlow is getting into the heart of Africa, and this is when he realizes and sees all the chaos thats happening. He sees a different part of life, something that hes never experienced before. Marlow deals with a lot of confusion and mysteries. I think in the end, he'll discover what is yet to be discovered which are all related to the idea of darkness. Africa deals with more of a sense of "darkness" than "lightness."

Return to “Heart of Darkness - by Joseph Conrad”